This cute candy jar is the perfect thing for any time you need a little something special for a gift. It goes together quickly with just a few supplies you’ll find in the scrapbook section of your local craft store. If you’re a card maker or scrapbooker, you probably already have everything you need!
I added some special treats to this jar: Frosted Chocolate-Toffee Macadamia Nuts that the Halē Kai Lana company sent me to try out. These nuts are absolutely delicious!
When you pop one into your mouth first there’s the hit of sweet from the coating, next a wonderful deep, rich chocolate taste, then the crunchy toffee bits and finally you get to the macadamia nut goodness in the center. So yummy.
If you watch the video you’ll learn the story of their name, which means “Floating House in the Sea” in Hawaiian. I love how they’ve taken a tragedy and persevered to build their family business. They also have 100% Kona coffee, so be sure to check them out.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Sweet Treats Candy Jar video over at YouTube.
- 1/2 pint wide mouth canning jar
- sheet of decorative scrapbooking paper to cover lid, or scraps if you have them (the one I used is from this pad: Que Sera Sera Designer Paper Pad)
- adhesive backed pearls or rhinestones or other trim for side of jar lid
- twine or 1/8-inch satin ribbon
- chipboard or paper tag
- Glue Dots
- Paper Flowers
- Frosted Chocolate-Toffee Macadamia Nuts or other candy to fill jar
- Use a pencil to trace jar lid on back of patterned paper. Cut out with scissors and insert into jar ring.
- Fill jar with candy of choice and screw on lid with ring and paper center.
- Apply adhesive backed pearls or other trim to edge of jar.
- Thread tag onto twine or ribbon and tie in a bow around rim of jar.
- If you like, you can use inks (or even colored Sharpies!) to color paper flowers. Use glue dots to adhere layers of flowers, then adhere a pearl or rhinestone to each center. Adhere flowers to jar next to bow and tag.