One of the questions I hear most from beginning artists is, “How can I find my unique artistic voice?”
It’s an important one to answer, and yet often tricky to discover.
In this video I have for you a simple exercise to help find your personal artistic voice and focus your creative energies on what’s most meaningful to you.
Be sure to watch to the end for two other tips that will aid in your journey of artistic self-discovery!
Supplies needed for exercise:
- Sketchbook or plain paper
Tools and materials used in project pictured:
- Polymer clay, see below for color recipes
- Craft knife
- Clay blade
- Silk screens and stencils
- Sandy’s Henna Tangles silk screen
- CreateAlong-Pattern Play silk screen
- CreateAlong-Abstract Waves stencil
- Lucy Clay-Stencil set #6
- White acrylic paint
- Copper acrylic paint, DecoArt Worn Penny
- Texture roller, spirals
- Cernit translucent clay
- DecoColor oil–based paint pen
- Super glue gel
- 12-14mm jump rings, or
- Copper washer set
- Flush cutters
- Cropodile, or 1/16 inch drill bit
- Metal charms, if desired
- Piñata Alcohol inks
- Lumiere Acrylic paints
Clay Color Recipes, All inks and paints were mixed with 1/4 ounce Cernit translucent clay.
- Translucent Light copper-4 drops Jacquard Lumiere Halo Pink Gold
- Light copper-10 drops Jacquard Lumiere Halo Pink Gold
- Dark copper-10 drops Jacquard Lumiere Metallic Russet
- Purple-3 drops Piñata Passion Purple
- Turquoise– 6 drops Piñata Baja Blue + 1 drop Piñata Rainforest Green
Watch the How to Find Your ART Style video on YouTube.