Recently it came to my attention that butterfly jewelry is trending.
Did sweet little butterflies ever go OUT of fashion? I wasn’t aware, lol.
Honestly, I don’t follow trends, but who am I to say “no” if what I already enjoy aligns with what people want?
These polymer clay butterfly earrings use a fun peek-a-boo technique to show off a pattern behind an overlay.
I think it’s especially fun to dig through your stash of veneers and technique sheets to find something that works perfectly behind the outline.
As I show in the video, you might be surprised at the kinds of patterns that look best!
Tools and Materials:
- Butterfly outline to trace (Try a site like Pixabay.com, or join my Patreon to download the one I drew.)
- Glass sheet to work on (a piece from a picture frame works great)
- Craft knife
- Clay blade
- Sculpey Style and Detail set
- Sculpey Etch and Pearl
- Black polymer clay
- Black liquid polymer clay
- Translucent liquid polymer clay
- DecoColor paint pen
- Silver mica powder
- Swellegant metal coating
- 1/16” drill bit
- Jump rings
- Short pieces of chain
- Earring findings
Enjoy the video, happy creating!