One of my favorite ways to find unique creative supplies is to wander a hardware store, Home Depot, or a place like Harbor Freight.
As I walk the aisles, I look at things not for what they ARE, but what they could possibly BE.
If you like the idea of creating with unexpected materials, you’re going to love transforming copper washers into jewelry.
Tools and Materials:
- Copper washer set
- Bench block
- Leather sandbag
- Rubber bench block
- Texture hammer
- Chasing hammer
- Riveting hammer
- Nylon/brass hammer
- Metal files
- Dapping set
- Flush cutters, for 16 gauge plus
- Painter’s tape
- Liver of sulfur
- Chain nose pliers
For beaded starburst:
- How to Give Your Jewelry an Antique Look with Liver of Sulfur
- How To Make Wrapped Loops
- Two Ways to Make Simple Loops
- How To Use a Chasing Hammer
- How To Use a Texture Hammer
- How to Make a Wire Hook & Loop Clasp
- How to Make a Wire Wrapped Toggle Clasp
- Micro Torch Basics – free class on Craftsy (for annealing metal, if needed)
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Make Quick and Easy HARDWARE STORE Jewelry video on YouTube.