Did you know I used to have a series of polymer clay fairy garden accessory tutorials in a magazine?
Sadly, Polymer Café magazine is no longer in publication, but tuts for cute things such as a fairy garden house, mailbox, birdbath, swing and more are now available in my Etsy shop.
The popularity of these projects led me to make you a video tutorial of an adorable autumn fairy house in a pumpkin.
One of my favorite things about this autumn polymer clay project is that we build it on a glass jar, so a strand of fairy lights will light up the windows!
If you’re looking for a quick fall polymer clay project, I suggest you build your house on a jar that is about 1″ tall, like the one I demo in the video.
The autumn fairy house in the above two photos, that I created off-camera, was made on a 3″ tall, 2.5″ diameter jar and took a lot more time and loads more clay (like over 8 oz.!) This house is nearly 5″ tall and 4″ wide.
The smaller house uses less than 4 oz. clay, but still makes a pumpkin fairy dwelling nearly 3″ tall and 2.5″ wide.
Tools and Materials:
- Glass jar to cover
- Pumpkin colored polymer clay, I needed 8 ounces of clay to cover a 3” tall, 2.5” diameter jar
- Green polymer clay for leaves
- Dark and medium brown polymer clay for stems and window trim
- Clay blade
- Craft knife
- Pasta machine
- Acrylic roller
- Wire brush scratching set (the tool I have is no longer being made, but this set seems like it would work well)
- Cutters, for windows, such as
- Liquid clay
- Burnishing tool, such as a cabinet knob
- Leaf or leaf texture sheet
- Golden high flow acrylic, Raw Umber
- Spritz bottle of water
- Acrylic paints in pale yellow, bright green, and metallic bronze
- Dried moss
- Dried flowers for nail art
- E6000 glue
- Battery operated fairy lights
- How To Make DIY Texture Sheets, Impressions and Mold of Anything with Silicone Molding Putty
- How To Use E6000 Glue For Jewelry And Crafts- Tips And Tricks
- The LAZY Way To Antique Your Art – Quick Antiquing
Hope you enjoy these fall polymer clay ideas. Happy creating!
Watch the Fall Fairy Garden House Tutorial-Polymer Clay Pumpkin Fairy House video on YouTube.