I was so blessed by the flowers in my garden this past summer, something about the combination of colors and shapes gave me great joy, and I wanted to sculpt it to keep with me always.
This polymer clay slab is made in a rather different way: first you bake the flowers separately, then arrange them on your background slab.
You have much more creative freedom doing it this way, as you can arrange, re-arrange and even try out a variety of backgrounds before committing to a design.
Tools and Materials:
Polymer clay, colors for background, flowers and greens for stems
A few of the colors I used:
- Embossing powders, optional
- Kemper 3/16 inch cutter set
- Deli paper
- Clay blade
- Bent needle tool
- Acrylic roller and/or pasta machine
- Craft knife
- Clay shape cutters or templates
- Acrylic block
- Single edge razor blade
- Dotting tools, 1mm and similar
- Ceramic tiles
- Liquid clay
- Sculpted Polymer Clay Flowers playlist
- How to Make a Polymer Clay Skinner Blend
- Become a patron – Get up to two bonus videos every month!
- More of my tutorials available in my Etsy shop
Watch the Garden Blooms Polymer Clay Slab video on YouTube.