We often use these large hole beads in bracelets and sometimes in necklaces but not very often in earrings. This is a fun way to display just a couple of pretty sparkly large hole beads.
Choosing large enough spacers to snugly fit into those large holes and then careful wire wrapping holds everything in place. Little bits of chain makes them dangle nicely.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Pink Sparkles Earrings Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 2 4-inch pieces 20 gauge wire
- 2 3-inch pieces fine chain
- 4 6mm spacer beads
- 2 13mm large hole beads
- 2 ear wires
- round nose pliers
- two pairs chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Use chain nose pliers to grasp wire 1 1/2 inches from one end. Bend wire at 90° angle.
- Grasp bend with round nose pliers and wrap wire around pliers as far as possible to start to make a loop. Reposition pliers to finish loop. Slightly twist loop open and insert end link of one of the pieces of chain. Close loop and hold with chain nose pliers. Use another pair of chain nose to make 2-3 wraps with wire around wire below 90° bend. Use wire cutters to trim, if necessary. Use chain nose pliers to tuck in end.
- Slide onto wire a spacer bead, large hole bead and a spacer bead. Grasp wire with chain nose pliers and make a 90° bend 1/8-inch from spacer bead.
- Repeat step 2 to make another wrapped loop, inserting other end link of chain into loop before wrapping. Final wraps should sit snugly against spacer bead, holding spacers in place in holes of large hole bead.
- If you like, gently curve up ends of wrapped loops.
- Find center link of fine chain and insert loop of ear wire. If needed use chain nose pliers to twist loop of ear wire so earring faces front.
- Repeat to make second earring.