Mokume gane is a popular polymer clay technique, but getting nice results can be hit or miss.
Watch to learn tips for testing color combinations and all the details for how to use your patterned canes to make polymer clay flowers.
If you’d like to learn more variations of this technique check out the book Patterns in Polymer by Julie Picarello.
Polymer clay, 1/8 package (1/4 oz.) each:
- Soufflé Royalty & Sea Glass
- Premo 18K Gold
- Olive green, recipe:
- Acrylic roller
- Texture sheet
- Armor All
- Kemper Wipe Out sculpting tool
- Mini Geometric Cutter set
- Ball tool set
- Clay blade & ripple blade
- Variety of tools for creating mokume gane patterns such as needle tools, cutters, etc.
- DIY Sanding Pads video by Polymer Clay Tutor
- Sandpaper in fine grits
- Renaissance wax
- Craft knife
- If you are interested in the polymer clay slicer I used, you may want to check out my videos on assembling it and using it.
Watch the DIY Mokume Gane Flowers video on YouTube.