In last week’s Gentle Breezes earrings video we used a purchased texture plate to make a texture in polymer clay. It’s a quick and easy way to do it, but I really prefer to create my own textures.
In today’s video I give you a wide variety of ideas for creating unique textures for your polymer clay projects. Not only can you use unexpected household items, but consider going outdoors to see what you can find. Or just take a closer look at everything.
Who’d a thunk it? Peach pits!
Here are several ideas that didn’t make it into the video:
- Using bits and pieces in handmade texture tools
- Using scrap clay for handmade texture tools
- More ideas for using a hot glue gun to make texture rollers
- Yet more clay rollers, hers are pottery, but polymer would work just fine
- Making textures with pasta!
- This video by Anna Oriona shows how to make 10 textures using simple tools
- Sculpey Style and Detail Tools (ball tools)
- Clay Blade
- Armor All (not needed if using silicone molds)
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Creating Textures For Polymer Clay video over at YouTube.