Not too long ago my patrons voted on a photo of a pierced metal project as inspiration for an upcoming bonus video.
But then they requested it be done WITHOUT a jeweler’s saw.
That made me go hmmmmm…….
And, of course, it forced me to get creative!
One of the best things about polymer clay is that we can use it to imitate SO many different materials.
Hope you like what I came up with.
In this video:
- Details for two designs, with ideas for more
- How to combine polymer clay and metal leaf for the look of metal
- Steps for adding a brushed metal finish
- Suggestions for finishing your projects with veneers behind the cut outs
- Lots of tips & tricks for getting the best results
Tools and Materials:
- Gold or silver leaf
- Gold or silver polymer clay
- Pasta machine or acrylic roller
- Small ceramic tiles
- Clay blade
- Craft knife
- Needle tool
- Stencil brush
- 1 & 2mm ball tools
- Acrylic block
- Cutters, I used:
Enjoy the video. Happy creating!
Watch the You’ll WANT To Try This Faux Pierced Metal Technique video on YouTube.