I am a BIG fan of tools and gadgets. My studio is full of them.
But I remember the days when projects requiring lots of specialty tools were prohibitively expensive.
Even now, it’s fun to see what can be done with just basic supplies that can be found around the house.
If you don’t have needle tools or fancy sculpting tools, a toothpick will do. And I’ve even included a link for you to DIY a helpful marking tool.
Tools and Materials:
- Polymer clay colors for heart & octopus
- Two pre-baked polymer clay eyes, about 1/8″ (3-4mm)
- Coarse salt
- Acrylic block
- Gotta Have It tool
- Marxit tool (or DIY Marxit Tool)
- Clay blade
- Ball tools
- Liquid clay
- Burnt Umber acrylic paint
- Swellegant Brass metal coating
- Swellegant Gold Green Verdigris patina
Additional Video Tutorials:
- How To Use Swellegant Metal Coatings and Patinas
- Videos on How To Antique Polymer Clay
- DIY Marxit Tool
Watch the Create This Delightful Ocean Depths Heart-NO Molds Required video on YouTube.