This colorful necklace is a wearable party!
This statement piece incorporates a sparkling faux druzy pendant and a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colors of beads.
You’ll learn how to create a colorful mixture that works together and doesn’t clash but has depth, texture and interest.
- You can use any pendant you like, but it’s a lot of fun to make your own faux druzies for the focal.
- Want to know more about the crimping tool I use? Watch my video on the One Step Crimper.
- If you need more details on using crimp beads, watch my Friday Findings video on Crimps.
- As I mention in the video, most of the beads I used are from Dollar Bead Box. Just go to the Dollar Bead Box site and type into the search box the name I show in the video.
- More beaded necklace designs
Links to a few of the other beads I used:
- turquoise teardrops, top drilled (some of these are similar to what I used)
- 6mm round purple magnesite
- 8mm pink glass pearls (similar to what I used)
- Czech glass leaves, Wasabi Luster
- 6mm pink coral rounds
We’ll go through the entire design process together so you can see just how I made each creative decision.
You’ll also learn a clever way to string multi-strand necklaces using loops of beads and fun links of chain.
When you’re done you’ll have an amazing statement piece that you’ll love to wear to any occasion.
Tools & Materials:
- pendant of your choice, with jump ring if needed
- assorted beads (see video for details)
- 4 different colors of 3-4mm Czech glass beads for loops
- 4mm beads for sides & back of necklace
- 2 large soldered closed rings (mine are 22mm hammered copper squares)
- bead stringing wire
- crimp covers
- crimping pliers, or One Step Crimper
- wire cutters
- clasp & extender chain, if desired
- bead design board
- See my Amazon shop for links to many of the basic tools I use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/keepsakecraftsbysandyhuntress
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Create Gorgeous Color Schemes-Quick and Easy! video on YouTube.