These earrings are so classy! In this video first you’ll learn how to combine four 6mm chatons in a sparkling diamond component, then we’ll bezel a long oval with seed beads to complete the look.
My first thought was to call these the “Gatsby Earrings” because they made me think of the roaring “20’s. (I guess now we have to specify the 1920’s, eh?)
My next thought was, “These would be great for New Year’s Eve.”
Then after that, “Who’s going to be going out on NYE this year?” Certainly a lot less folks than in other times. (Not that I’ve gone out and parh-tayed on any night in quite some time, lol.)
But then again, why not make yourself something gorgeous and sparkly just because?
Just one of these would make a beautiful necklace pendant. Or, use either of the components separately.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Tools and Materials:
- Potomac Beads 9 x 27 mm Long Ovals, Jet, 2
- Potomac Beads 6mm Bezeled Chatons, Crystal AB, 8
- Silver-Plated 5mm Ball Earring Post with Ring, 2
- Miyuki Delica 11/0 Cylinder Seed Beads – Duracoat Galvanized Silver
- Miyuki Round 15/0 Seed Beads – Duracoat Galvanized Silver
- 15/0 seed beads, black
- Beading thread
- Size 11 or 12 beading needle
Many thanks to Potomac Beads for inviting me to be a part of their design team and sending along the beads to play with.
Watch the Elegant Black & Crystal Earrings – Bead Weaving/Peyote Bezel Tutorial video at YouTube.