Over the past few weeks my bead subscription boxes have starting piling up in the studio. (This probably never happens to you, right? ===grin===)
This makes me very uncomfortable, as I hate to be wasteful.
It got me to thinking, what are ways we can make the most of all these lovely goodies that arrive every month?
In today’s video I share three simple things you can do to make the most of your beads, subscription boxes and any creative supplies.
More resources you many find helpful:
- Check out the beads glossary at Fusion Beads for similarities and differences between beads from many companies
- Video on Czechmate tiles vs.Japanese tilas
- Video on Twins & Superduos
- Video on O beads vs. demi rounds
- If you want more info, try going to YouTube and search for “bead comparison” or “comparing beads”
- How To Organize All Your Creative Ideas Using Evernote
- How I Organize My Bead Boxes
Supplies for the projects I show in the video:
Bauble Rope Bracelet (from the February 2020 Bead & Button magazine)
- 4mm full coat chrome Czech fire polish beads
- 4x8mm corrugated pewter rondelles
- 12mm silver plated toggle clasp
- Victorian Elegance superduos (I picked out just the blue ones)
- Toho 11/0 matte iris teal
- 15/0 Miyuki matte grey/blue
Oriental Tapestry bracelet (the red & black one, based on the Magic Carpet bracelet)
- Miyuki 8/0 Opaque Metallic Bronze
- 11/0 Opaque Black
- 4mm Czech fire polish, Beige Luster
- 1x2mm Chinese crystal rondelle, Opaque Red (2 strands)
- 6mm Czech glass 2-hole square, Jet Black
Angelic Elegance earrings (from the February 2020 Beadwork magazine)
- 6mm Czech glass 2-hole lentils
- 6x12mm Chinese drop, turquoise rainbow iris
- 3x5mm Czech glass pinch beads, aqua
- Brass ear wire, silver plated
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the 3 Top Tips For Making The Most Of Your Beads (and Subscription Boxes) – Friday Findings video at YouTube.