Sure we’ve had fun making our own jewelry, but have you ever thought about making your own beads?
Just think of the possibilities, you can choose any colors for the base, any colors for the accents, make them any size and shape you want. What’s not to love?
In this video I’ll show you how to add the swirl pattern that gives these beads their tribal feel. I highly recommend using metallic or pearlized clays for this step. I’ll also show you how to make perfect, consistent size & shape beads using a bead roller.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Tribal Swirls Beads & Bracelet Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
Materials for beads:
- 1/8 ounce Premo Burnt Umber polymer clay
- small scraps of clay in Gold, Copper and Red Glitter
- Tri-Bead Roller
- single edge razor blade or clay blade
- needle for piercing holes
- Varathane Water-Based Polyurethane, Satin Finish
Materials for bracelet:
- 6 9 mm x 16 mm oval beads (purchased or made yourself with tutorial)
- 7 4 mm glass bicone beads
- 14 4 mm x 6 mm copper rondelle spacer beads
- 2 inches copper chain
- lobster clasp
- jump ring
- 11 inches bead stringing wire
- 2 crimps
- 2 crimp covers
- 2 wire protectors
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- crimping pliers
See video for complete instructions.