Those of you who are my regular viewers may have noticed that the only resin you’ve ever seen me using is Magic Glos UV resin.
There’s a reason for that, which I explain in today’s video!
All that is about to change as the nice folks at ArtResin sent me a set of their two-part epoxy resin and their pearl/metallics colorants to try out.
In today’s video I will share my thoughts on this resin, my results, and tips for having success using this type of resin.
While recording the video I mentioned that I planned to test UV resin vs. ArtResin with fresh flowers.
When I used fresh flowers in UV resin in my Nature’s Treasures video, many folks speculated that this would not work with another type of resin.
I tested seven different plants from around my yard. Six were picked fresh and one was dried, as a kind of control.
In spite of dire warnings about moisture content in the plants keeping the resin from curing, all the ArtResin completely hardened.
- Top left, Citronella blossoms: This one had the most drastic difference, as the two-part resin bleached out the pink colors.
- Top right, (sorry I don’t know the name of this plant, it’s related to Azaleas): The flowers in the two-part resin yellowed and darkened
- Middle row, Creeping Charlie: This plant didn’t do well in either type of resin, the pretty purple blossoms completely lost their color.
- Lower row, Sea Berry: No noticeable difference between the two samples.
- Top left and top right, Barberry: Surprisingly, even the berries, which are full of moisture, are just fine in two-part epoxy, no difference from the UV resin results
- Upper middle, Grape Hyacinth: Some of flowers in the two-part resin changed color, from purple to teal.
- Lower left: Dried Yarrow: No difference at all, which I expected since these flowers have no moisture left in them.
At some point I’ll do a video showing more detail about this experiment/comparison.
These two videos explain more about why this resin is different from others:
Materials shown in the video:
- Art Resin 8 oz. gift set
- ResinTint Metallics and Pearls
- Silicone pendant and crystal point molds
- Bangle molds
- Ring molds
- Gold flakes
- Iridescent flakes
- dried plant material
- waxed paper
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the ArtResin Review: Two-Part Epoxy Resin No VOC-Friday Findings video at YouTube.