This bracelet is one I have been wanting to make ever since I saw all these adorable ceramic animal beads in the Fire Mountain Gems catalog. I’m still waiting for the lion, who was backordered, but I’ll add him in when he arrives.
I thought the addition of some leaves made it look especially jungle-like. So, the leaves are acrylic, the animals are ceramic, and the metals are all base metal and I think this just goes to show that you don’t have to use a lot of expensive materials to make something really nice.
Here are the links for the ceramic animal beads in the Fire Mountain Gems catalog. (No they are not a sponsor of mine but I kind of wish they were. 🙂 )
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Jungle Cuties Charm Bracelet Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 5 or 6 ceramic animal beads
- 12 to 14 acrylic leaves
- 5 headpins
- jump rings and 20 gauge wire to hang your acrylic leaves
- seed beads
- a 6 to 7 inch length of chunky chain
- lobster clasp
- split ring
- chain nose pliers
- round the nose pliers
- wire cutters
- split ring pliers
- Slide the head pins onto the ceramic charms and add seed beads as needed for filler.
- Arrange charms along length of chain and make wire wrapped loops attaching them to links evenly spaced along the chain.
- Use jump rings or 20 gauge wire to attach acrylic leaves to chain in alternate links of the chain, making wire wrapped loops as needed.
- Use split ring to attach lobster clasp to one end of the chain.