A while back my viewers voted, and you wanted more ideas for using crystals in your clay creations.
So here you go! Eight ideas for creating gorgeous polymer clay pieces that seamlessly incorporate the lovely shine of Swarovskis.
Summary of the 8 ways to use crystals with clay:
- Flowers centers
- Eyes of creatures, such as birds or dragons or insects
- Focal points in polymer clay faux soutache
- Use as the center of a mandala
- Create faux bead embroidery
- Use several to create a composition for a pendant or a box lid
- Incorporate into a scene (such as Fergus, Marsali or dragon on glass tile)
- Fill an entire piece with them, pave style. – Use epoxy clay or polymer clay with hot fix crystals
Here are links to several things mentioned in the video:
- Get links to most of the crystals you see in this video at my blog post on Rivolis, Chatons and Fancy Stones
- The cane used for the flower petals is done the same way as the one for this candle holder.
- Photo of Galina Hristova’s cute owl earrings.
- The 2018 Polymer Clay Adventure is over, but check out all the great classes at the 2019 PCA (including my steampunk dragons class!)
- Silver plated brass oval bezel ring
- Bezel earrings
- Crystal Clay Epoxy Kit – ArtBeads no longer carries it, but you can find similar ones at Amazon with a few more color choices
- Rhinestone Picking Pencil
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Crystals & Clay-8 Creative Ways To Use Swarovski Crystal in Polymer Clay video at YouTube.