These sweet earrings are SO easy to make. All you need to make are 12 wrapped loops and two ear wire inserts. Boom, done!
It’s the size and type of rings you choose, plus the colors and finishes of the beads that will make your earrings your unique creation. Picture huge hoops with chunky bead dangles, and you have a completely different look than these dainty twisted wire hoops with delicate faceted crystals.
These would be a lovely gift for a special someone, Mother’s Day perhaps?
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Rings & Crystals Dangle Earrings Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 2 10mm metal rings, soldered closed
- 2 8mm x 6mm facted crystals
- 10 3mm frosted glass beads
- 10 head pins
- 2 decorative head pins
- 2 ear wires
- chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- crimping pliers (optional)
- Slide an 8mm x 6mm faceted crystal bead onto a decorative head pin.
- Use chain nose pliers to grasp wire just at point where it exits bead. Bend wire at 90° angle. Grasp bend with round nose pliers and wrap wire around pliers as far as possible to start to make a loop. Reposition pliers to finish loop. Slightly twist loop open and insert a 10mm metal ring. Close loop and hold with chain nose pliers. Use another pair of chain nose to wrap remaining wire around wire below 90° bend. Use wire cutters to trim, if necessary. Use chain nose pliers or crimping pliers to tuck in end.
- Slide a 3mm frosted glass bead onto a headpin. Repeat step 2 to wire wrap this unit onto same 10mm metal ring as 8mm x 6mm faceted crystal. Repeat to add a total of 5 3mm frosted glass beads to metal ring.
- Use chain nose pliers to open loop of an ear wire. Slide metal ring into ear wire, having 3 frosted glass beads on one side and two on the other side of faceted crystal.
- Close ear wire loop securely. Repeat all steps to make second earring.