I’ve been having a blast, making these cuff bracelet links for my Etsy shop. Not only is making the links fun, but I’ve got loads of ideas for how to use them. In case you missed it, here’s a video for a steampunk bracelet I did a few days ago. I have plans to make at least one more tutorial showing how to use these links.
Because they’re polymer clay, these oval links are very light and comfortable to wear. However, like I mention in the video, I’m sure you could find other components to use as a focal point. It kinda makes you look at everything in the craft store in a new way. 🙂
Right now, I’m offering 20% off your entire purchase in my Etsy shop. Just use coupon code KCBLOG20 when you check out.
Don’t miss my tip at the end of the video for making bead counterweights. (So the bracelet’s not always upside down on your wrist. Annoying!)
Materials (to make a 7 1/2 inch bracelet)
- 1 1/2-inch x 1-inch oval cuff bracelet link
- 2 – 4 3/4-inch pieces chunky chain (with odd number of links)
- 10-16 assorted beads
- 10-16 headpins
- 4 – 10mm jump rings
- 2 – 8mm jump rings
- 4-inch pieces of 22 gauge wire instead of headpins for any top drilled beads
- lobster clasp
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Slide beads onto headpins. Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make wrapped loops. (Or follow directions in video to wrap top drilled beads.)
- Open a 10mm jump ring and slide into a hole of cuff bracelet link. slide 2 or 3 bead dangles onto portion of jump ring coming out of top side of cuff bracelet link. Slide one end of one piece of chunky chain onto jump ring and close jump ring.
- Open another jump ring and slide into other hole of cuff bracelet link on the same side. Slide on remaining 2 or 3 bead dangles and other end of same piece of chain. Repeat to add chain and bead dangles to other side of cuff bracelet link.
- Find center links of chunky chain. If desired, attach additional 5 or 6 bead dangles to one of these center links, along with an 8mm jump ring. Attach an 8mm jump ring and a lobster clasp to other center link.
Happy creating. 🙂