When I saw Kristina’s day 19 card, I loved it, but . . . I knew I was utterly NOT in the mood to (a) make a circle card, or (b) do any fancy cutting of any kind. (She used a Silhouette to make her lovely design.)
So, I took the idea of snowflakes within red circles and did my own thing. The large red circles are the insides leftover from the ornament Christmas card from a couple days ago. Sometimes inspiration comes from the bits and pieces right in front of you!
If you have a package of snowflake rub ons, or even stickers, this is a very simple card to make.
1. Clear emboss snowflakes on the card background.
2. Cut large, medium and small circles out of red card stock. (Mine are 2 3/8″, 1 1/4″ and 1/2″)
3. Apply snowflake rub ons to red circles, adhere circles to card.
4. Punch one edge of patterned paper with scallop punch.
5. Apply sentiment to this strip and adhere to card.
6. Add stickles to snowflakes, set aside to dry.
I still have six cards to go to complete the Holiday Card Series, but I don’t know, Tim’s 12 Tags of Christmas starts tomorrow. So many opportunies to play! We’ll see . . .
Stamp: Inkadinkado 7-Piece Snowflakes A-Plenty Clear Stamp
Embossing: Ranger Embossing Powder 1-Ounce, Clear, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Clear For Embossing
Card Stock:solid red, kraft
Circle Cutter: EK Success Circle Scissor Pro
Circle punches: Ek Success 1-1/4-Inch Paper Shapers Circle Nesting Punch, EK Success Paper Shapers Small Punch-1/2-Inch Circle
Scallop Punch: Scallop Sentiment Border Punch(Fiskars)
Rub ons: Snow Flurries (October Afternoon), Happy Holidays (Tupperware)
Glitter: Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress Stickles
Paper: Seasonal Paper Stash Paper Pad (Tim Holtz)