These bib style necklaces are popular now and this one goes together quickly. And there are so many design possibilities! The metal components can be anything you like: flower connectors, wire rings, stamped metal bits. Of course the beads can be any color or type you like.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
- chain for necklace in length of your choice (18-24 inches is good)
- 3 head pins
- 7 eye pins
- lobster clasp
- jump rings
- 10 8x6mm crystal beads
- 9 15x17mm filigree components
- chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Arrange your filigree components and crystal beads into rows that will be long dangles.
- For the beads that will be at the bottom of a dangle, make bead dangles by sliding each onto a head pin and trim wire coming out of bead to 3/8 inch. Grasp wire with round nose pliers and twist to make a simple loop. Straighten loop so it is centered above bead.
- To make bead links slide each remaining crystal onto an eye pin and trim wire coming out of bead to 3/8 inch. Grasp wire with round nose pliers and twist to make a simple loop. Straighten loop so it is centered above bead.
- Connect bead links and dangles to filigree components by twisting loops to the side to open. Slide on filigree and close loop securely. Repeat to make all long dangles.
- Use jump rings to connect center dangle to center link of necklace chain. You may have to use two jump rings in order for the flat filigree components to lie properly on the necklace.
- Connect all remaining dangles to necklace chain on either side of center dangle.
- Use a jump ring to attach lobster clasp to one end of necklace chain. Attach a jump ring to other end of chain if necessary.