This beads in this bracelet are hollow, so they’re lightweight and comfortable to wear. I just love the silver painted designs, so easy to do with silk screening.
In this video I teach several different techniques that build on each other to make this bracelet:
- making subtle blended stripes using clay from your scrap bin
- silk screening on clay
- creating domes with a hollow bead maker form
- putting together pairs of domes to make beads
- stringing them all together into a bracelet
Right after finishing this project I watch a video by Helen Breil in which she gives ideas for ways you can enhance your silk screened designs even further. Not only is she a wonderful polymer clay designer with a classy sense of style, but she has designed several silk screens. I may have to get some!
Tools & Materials:
- scraps of polymer clay, total of 1 oz. or so
- Acrylic Clay Roller
- Pasta Machine
- Sculpey Clay Silk Screen Kit
- Hollow Bead Maker
- round cutter sets such as Makins and Sculpey
- heat embossing tool
- 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper
- super glue
- linoleum cutter
- stamped bead caps
- nylon jaw pliers
- accent beads
- jewelry elastic
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Arabesque Bracelet-Polymer Clay Video Tutorial at YouTube.