This necklace combines two of my favorite things you can do with polymer clay: an ombré blend and great texture.
The result does NOT look like a bunch of colorful potato chips, but instead is rather funky and elegant. 😀
As I show in the video, the look is a bit different without the seed beads between each disc. You decide which you prefer.
As promised, the first in the list below is the link to my video on making clay blends. The rest are some links to free classes at CraftArtEdu on how to make and manipulate polymer clay blends.
- Friday Findings-Polymer Clay Blend
- How to make a Skinner blend
- Tips and tricks for making polymer clay blends
- How to make a rainbow gradient
- Skinner blend bullseye cane
- How to make a Skinner blend plug
If you like the colors I used in my blend I list them in the supply list below. Two parts of each of the three main colors was mixed with one part Pearl clay to get my beginning shades.
Tools & Materials:
- Premo! Polymer Clay, Cadmium Yellow
- Sculpey Soufflé Clay, Bordeaux
- Sculpey Soufflé Clay, So 80s
- Premo! Polymer Clay, Pearl
- Kemper Round Cutter set
- Clay Blade
- Needle Tool
- Easymold Silicone Putty to make texture sheet, see my Making Textures video for how to make one
- Bead Stringing Wire
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Ombré Disc Beads-Polymer Clay Video Tutorial over at YouTube.