The more art I make the more I understand why artists often work in series. Although I’m a “dabbler” at heart, I love to try All. The. Things, there are some times when I just want to stay put on an idea and really explore it.
Bead weaving is not my main thing and I don’t expect that it will ever be, but it’s one of those crafts that I like to return to every so often. As I explain in the video, buying the wrong beads to create a necklace chain set me off this time. I don’t know what it was, but I found myself driven to try many different patterns, especially using the super duos that I’ve been talking about so much lately.
And then suddenly one day, as I knew would happen, I suddenly was over it. Done for now. But I thought you would like to see some of the jewelry that I completed as I shared some of the process on my Instagram feed.
Here is another one I made, it was a gift for a friend so I didn’t have it when I made the video, but took the opportunity to snap a photo when she gave it back to me to add the safety chain. The pattern is the Elinor bracelet from Linda’s Crafty Inspirations, this link will bring you to where you can see other color combinations and download the free pattern.
Below are links to patterns, designs or tutorials for each of the projects shown in the video. Some of the designs are free online and some of the designers are charging a few dollars for their patterns. I can assure you the paid patterns are well worth it, as these designers put a lot of time, expertise and trial and error into working out these projects for you.
- Super Snake Bracelet video by the Potomac Bead Company
- Regina Bracelet pattern (more photos at Linda’s Crafty Inspiration)
- Superduo patterns Pinterest board
- Daisy Chain Bracelet video (for making the individual flowers)
- Virginia Jensen’s book Stitching with Two-Hole Shaped Beads
- Wiggle Bracelet at Cinful Bead Creations
- Tila and Twin Bead Wiggle bracelet pattern by Deb Roberti
- Wiggle Bracelet using Czechmates & super duos, Darby pattern by Deb Roberti
- Super duo flower chain bracelet, free pattern
- Beaded Sunflowers Daisy Chain Super duo bracelet pattern (more photos at Linda’s Crafty Inspirations)
- Berry Band bracelet free pattern by Deb Roberti
- Bead & Button magazine, October 2016 (Super Duper Donut pattern)
- Water Lily Kumihimo bracelet video
- Pinnacle Lace Necklace tutorial & Pinnacle Lace Bracelet tutorial (both have a free earrings pattern included)
- How to do Kumihimo braiding, 3 part video series
- Diamond Duo bracelet
- All About Super Duo Two-Hole seed beads
If you plan to make these projects to sell be sure to check each designer’s policies regarding that (most don’t allow you to teach them, btw.) Also, give them credit for their designs when sharing them online.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Beadweaving Inspiration-Where to Find Patterns & Tutorials-Friday Findings video at YouTube.