Many times we add a bead dangle to a clasp just for a bit of decoration. But in this week’s necklace we’re adding a bunch of dangles to the clasp and making it the focal point.
This is a fun project to go through your beads and pull out a variety of bits and pieces that you previously didn’t know what to do with.
Included in this necklace is one of my first lampwork beads, a bead given to me by a friend who has moved on, a broken pair of earrings, and a crystal given by special friend.
Using a variety of shades of one color, such as all the different golds and the reds and oranges really gives the piece a richness that you wouldn’t get using just one color.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Clasp Focal Dangles Necklace Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- large focal lobster clasp, such as:
- necklace chain in length of your choice with jump rings on the ends
- a dozen or so assorted beads and charms
- a few pieces of chain for dangling your charms from (15 inches or so)
- head pins and jump rings to attach your dangles
See video for complete assembly directions.