Today’s bracelet goes together very quickly. The pearls are wire wrapped on, but the crystals are attached with jump rings. I got the idea when looking through my stash of Swarovski crystal hearts and realizing I had all the colors of the rainbow, and them some, so I made one!
I didn’t expect to love this bracelet as much as I do. Rainbows aren’t usually my thing but something about all those colors of crystal hearts just makes me happy. 🙂
And there’s the fact that it goes with anything you’re wearing.
The colors the Swarovski colors that I used from the lightest blue around counterclockwise are:
Aquamarine > Sapphire > Emerald > Fern Green > Topaz > Astral Pink > Rose > Siam > Amethyst > Cyclamen Opal
Of course, you can make this bracelet using any colors you like.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Rainbow Hearts Bracelet Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 6-7 inch length chain
- toggle clasp
- 10 10mm Swarovski Crystal Hearts in colors of your choice
- 11 6mm pearls
- 11 head pins
- 11 bead caps
- 10 8mm jump rings
- First, count the links on your chain and determine the spacing of your beads. (See the video for how I figured out the spacing on my bracelet.)
- Onto each headpin slide a pearl and a bead cap. Use chain nose pliers to grasp wire just at point where it exits bead cap. Bend wire at 90° angle. Grasp bend with round nose pliers and wrap wire around pliers as far as possible to start to make a loop. Reposition pliers to finish loop. Slightly twist loop open and insert a link of your bracelet chain. Close loop and hold with chain nose pliers. Use another pair of chain nose to wrap remaining wire around wire below 90° bend. Use wire cutters to trim, if necessary. Use chain nose pliers to tuck in end.
- Use two pairs of chain nose pliers to open each jump ring wide enough to slide on a 10mm Swarovski crystal heart. Slide jump ring onto a link of your bracelet chain and close securely.
- Add clasp to end links of your bracelet chain.