The fun thing about working with resin is that you can put just about anything into it.
Of course, you have to be careful that:
- the objects you embed in resin are waterproof, and
- they won’t cause chemical reactions which may make your resin not set.
But other than those considerations you are only limited by your imagination!
In today’s video I’m playing with the idea of using transparencies within resin and embedding objects to complete a scene.
Those of you who are my patrons will be able to access the images I used in the videos. (FYI, I’ve purchase a license that allows me to share them with you, but it does not allow for use in items that will be sold.)
Some of the other things I considered adding to my scenes:
- Sculpted polymer clay items such as leaves, branches or flowers
- Natural items such as stones, seeds, twigs and plants
- Broken bits and pieces of meaningful jewelry
- Just a whole bunch of steampunk gears!
I’m sure you could go on with lots more ideas yourselves. Feel free to share your thoughts on what you would like to embed in resin to make it personal.
Tools and Materials:
- Magic Glos UV resin
- Silicone molds
- Inkjet transparencies
- Charms, beads and other items to add to your resin scene
- Mini scoops (helpful, but not required)
- UV lamp, flashlight or a bright sunny day
- Awl for positioning
Check out my Amazon shop with all the basic crafting supplies I use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/keepsakecraftsbysandyhuntress
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Scenic Resin Pendants-Personal Customized Jewelry Tutorial video on YouTube.