One of the things I love about polymer clay is its ability to take on any sort of texture you like. This is one reason it’s so good at imitating other materials.
For today’s earrings we won’t be imitating anything, but just making and enhancing a beautiful texture. I’ll show you how easy it is to use UV resin to get that lovely domed shine which magnifies the texture and the gold shimmer.
Tools & Materials:
- clay in color of your choice
- texture plate of your choice
- Armor All
- Acrylic Clay Roller or pasta machine
- Clay Blade
- Flexible Clay Blade
- 1/16 inch drill bit
- Gilder’s Paste-Antique Gold
- Magic Glos
- UV Light (optional, sunshine is free!)
- 2 8mm jump rings
- charms or dangles of your choice
- 2 ear wires
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Gentle Breezes Earrings-Polymer Clay Video Tutorial over at YouTube.