You can be certain that one of the first purchases a new jewelry creator will make is for some kind of clasp, unless all they ever plan to make are earrings.
Hook clasps are one of the most basic closures for bracelets and necklaces, but there are many variations on the theme. In today’s video I’ll show you several examples of types of hook clasps, give you some tips for purchasing them, and also show examples of different ways you can use these findings, sometimes not as clasps at all!
This clasp by Karisma by Kara’s Etsy shop is nice enough to use as a focal point.
Here are a few of the clasps I showed in the video as well as a few others I think would be fun to use.
- TierraCast hook clasps at Artbeads.com
- TierraCast hook clasps at Amazon
- Beadalon silver plated hook clasp
- JBB hook clasp sets (love the gold one with the flowers!)
- Fancy fish hook clasps
- 2-strand round hook clasp
- Antique copper round hook clasp
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Choosing & Using Hook Clasps-Friday Findings video at YouTube.