Have you tried bead weaving? If you have or if you’ve done any work at all with seed beads then you are probably aware that there are a whole variety of needles out there called “beading needles.
In today’s video I show several of the most popular different types of beading needles, explain their pluses and minuses, similarities and differences AND you’ll get to see the disgraceful state of my own beading needles!
Here are links to the needles I showed in the video:
- Big eye needles
- Twisted wire needles
- Extra fine beading needles
- English beading needles
- Milliners needles
Below are tutorials for all of the bracelets I showed at the beginning of the video, along with a few other beading project just for fun!
Some of the designs are free online and some of the designers are charging a few dollars for their patterns. I can assure you the paid patterns are well worth it, as these designers put a lot of time, expertise and trial and error into working out these projects for you.
- Super Snake Bracelet video by the Potomac Bead Company
- Regina Bracelet pattern (more photos at Linda’s Crafty Inspiration)
- Daisy Chain Bracelet video (for making the individual flowers)
- Wiggle Bracelet at Cinful Bead Creations
- Tila and Twin Bead Wiggle bracelet pattern by Deb Roberti
- Wiggle Bracelet using Czechmates & super duos, Darby pattern by Deb Roberti
- Super duo flower chain bracelet, free pattern
- Beaded Sunflowers Daisy Chain Super duo bracelet pattern (more photos at Linda’s Crafty Inspirations)
- Berry Band bracelet free pattern by Deb Roberti
- Water Lily Kumihimo bracelet video
- How to do Kumihimo braiding, 3 part video series
- Diamond Duo bracelet
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the How to Choose the Right Needle for Bead Weaving & Seed Beads-Friday Findings Tutorial video at YouTube.