I’ve been eyeballing the Swarovski crystal hearts at my local craft store for quite some time now. After trying to figure out the most tasteful, subtle way of using them I finally decided to just go all out and go over the top.
It turned out the be the perfect approach, as I’m so in love I haven’t worn another bracelet since this one was completed.
Honestly, my favorite part is that honkin’ big 18mm crystal heart. It just makes me happy to look at it. I don’t know why.
I’ve actually added five more charms since I finished the video. More is, well, more, right? So now there are five clear 10mm hearts, five clear 10mm aurora borealis hearts and five pink 10mm hearts, plus the clear 18mm heart. Oh, and the incidental crystal beads and silver hearts.
I wonder if there’s room for more….
- 7 inches of chain for bracelet (or length needed to fit wrist)
- toggle clasp
- assortment of 10-15 10mm heart crystals
- assortment of 5-10 metal charms
- one 18mm crystal heart
- 6mm jump rings
- 3-inch piece of 22-gauge wire
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- crystal beads
- head pins for each crystal bead
- Thread 3-inch piece of wire through hole in 18mm crystal heart. Leave one end 1 inch long and bend ends up at a 90-degree angle from hole. Press wires together above heart. Use round nose pliers to start a loop with longer piece of wire. Slip loop onto bracelet chain and complete loop, wrapping around both wires that came out of the heart. Trim wire if necessary and tuck in end.
- Attach charms and crystal hearts to bracelet chain using jump rings. If using crystal beads, thread onto head pins and wrap in the same way as for 18mm heart.
- Attach toggle clasp bar to one end of bracelet chain with jump ring. Use jump ring to attach other piece of toggle clasp to opposite end of bracelet.
Happy creating and sparkling!