Just in time for Valentine’s day here’s a great sparkly, dangly pair of earrings. With hearts! ….and crystals… and gold. How much better can it get?
Now that I’ve gotten used to Swarovski crystals, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to anything else. You just can’t beat their quality, sparkle and shine.
These earring aren’t for those of you who like them small and simple. These are long, with lotsa swingy dangles & jangles. I love ’em. 🙂
If you want a less complicated version, feel free to leave off any of the elements and simplify.
Whatever you create, make sure it’s something you love. Happy Creating!
You can watch Sparkle & Gold Crystal Earrings Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 2 10mm Swarovski crystal hearts, amethyst
- 2 11mm x 7mm Swarovski crystal teardrops, amethyst
- 2 6mm Swarovski crystal bicones, crystal clear
- 2 4mm Swarovski crystal bicones, crystal clear
- 2 20mm square fused links, gold plated
- 2 10mm round fused rings, gold plated
- 2 2-inch pieces 26 gauge gold filled wire
- 2 7mm jump rings
- 2 decorative head pins
- 2 plain head pins
- 2 ear wires
- two pair chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Slide an amethyst teardrop and a 6mm crystal onto a decorative headpin.
- Make a wrapped loop by using chain nose pliers to grasp wire just at point where it exits last bead. Bend wire at 90° angle. Grasp bend with round nose pliers and wrap wire around pliers as far as possible to start to make a loop. Reposition pliers to finish loop.
- Twist slightly to the side to open loop and insert square link. Close loop and hold with chain nose pliers.
- Use second pair of chain nose pliers to wrap remaining wire around wire below 90° bend. Use wire cutters to trim, if necessary. Use chain nose pliers to tuck in end.
- Wire wrap heart crystal by sliding piece of 26 gauge gold filled wire into hole of bead, leaving 1/4 inch sticking out on one side. Bend both wire ends up at 90-degree angle to hole of bead. Bend wires over top of bead, making a triangle shape. Where wires cross bend remaining ends of wire up, perpendicular to bead hole.
- Grasp both wires with chain nose pliers and bend longer remaining wire at 90° angle. Use round nose pliers to make a loop with longer wire. Hold loop with chain nose pliers and use second pair of chain nose pliers to wrap remaining wire around wires below 90° bend. Use wire cutters to trim, if necessary. Use chain nose pliers to tuck in end.
- Open a jump ring and slide on: loop of wire wrapped crystal heart, square link and 10mm round ring. Close jump ring securely.
- Slide a 4mm crystal bicone onto a plain head pin and repeat steps 2 and 4 to make a wrapped loop dangle.
- Open the loop and an ear wire and insert 10mm ring and loop of 4mm bicone unit.
- Repeat to make second earring.