Vintaj patinas have been in my stash for a LONG time, but I’ve only just recently pulled them out to play with again.
I love being able to add a permanent color to metal to change its appearance.
It’s also great to be able to resurrect older, worn & tired looking pieces.
In today’s video I give a few ideas for ways you can use these wonderful inks/paints, but don’t forget that you can color any of your findings, including jump rings, clasps, bead caps, etc.
Don’t limit yourself to only thinking about jewelry, how about changing things around the home, such as cabinet hardware, light switches and the like?
The only things you want to be cautious about are pieces that have a lot of movement, such as chain. But done lightly (perhaps with the wipe-off technique I demonstrate in the video) I think it could even work on your necklace & bracelet chains.
Tools & Materials:
- Vintaj Weathered Copper Patina Kit
- Vintaj Antique Window Patina Kit
- Vintaj Rusted Hardware Patina Kit
- Vintaj Treasured Heirloom Patina Kit (Gold & Silver)
- Glaze & Extender
- Non-Stick Craft Sheets
- Metal Reliefing block (now that it’s back to a more reasonable price!)
- Metal blanks for adding patinas
Enjoy the video and happy creating!