With wedding season coming up, I thought these pearls and crystals were the perfect thing for some dangly, sparkly special earrings.
No wedding in your future? Make them in any colors you like, how about all the colors of the rainbow? Or try a collection of various shades of a single color.
As I mention in the video, this design is quite simple to customize to any taste. Just add more or less chain dangles and make them longer or shorter to suit.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Bridal Pearls & Crystals Earrings video over at YouTube.
- 1 package Swarovski Crystal Bicone Pearl Combo – white
- 6-10 3mm silver plated round beads
- 2 silver plated ear wires
- 2 4mm silver plated jump rings
- 10 silver plated head pins
- 11-link-per-inch silver plated chain, approx 7 inches (18 cm)
- chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Arrange the 3mm silver beads, pearls and crystals into five pairs of groupings of 2-3 beads each. Each grouping will be one bead dangle.
- Slide a grouping of beads onto a head pin. Use chain nose pliers to grasp wire just at point where it exits last bead. Bend wire at 90° angle. Grasp bend with round nose pliers and wrap wire around pliers as far as possible to start to make a loop. Reposition pliers to finish loop. Slightly twist loop open and insert end link of the chain. Close loop and hold with chain nose pliers. Use another pair of chain nose to wrap remaining wire around wire below 90° bend. Use wire cutters to trim, if necessary. Use chain nose pliers to tuck in end.
- Trim chain to length desired for longest dangle. Count the chain links and make a matching dangle for the second earring.
- Repeats steps 2-3 to make five pairs of chain dangles.
- Open a 4mm jump ring and slide on end links of one set of five chain dangles and the loop of an ear wire. Close jump ring securely. Repeat to finish second earring.