If you can squeeze a pair of pliers, open & close jump rings and weave a little cord, you can make this necklace.
It’s a rather different look than your average strung or wire wrapped beads and kinda interesting. I’d love to see your different take on the project! Enjoy the video and happy creating. 🙂
- 2 8-inch lengths chunky chain (can be the same or different, but have similar size links)
- 2 20-inch pieces 3mm suede cord
- 2 6-inch pieces chain (for sides of necklace)
- 2 cord ends
- 4 jump rings
- lobster clasp
- chain nose pliers
- flat nose pliers
- Insert ends of both pieces of suede cord into a cord end and flatten with flat nose or chain nose pliers.
- Wrap one end of one piece of suede cord around end link of 8-inch chain twice. Repeat to wrap the other suede cord around end link of other 8-inch chain.
- Criss-cross cords and insert through next empty link of chain on each side. If cord is coming out the bottom of the links, insert cord up from the bottom of next link on opposite side. If cord is coming out the top of the links, insert cord down from the top of next link on opposite side.
- Repeat step three down the length of two chains, binding them together with a series of “X’s” of leather cord.
- Repeat step two once you get to the end of the chains. Trim suede cord so it’s the same length as cords at the beginning and repeat step one to secure in a cord end.
- Use jump rings to attach 6-inch pieces of chain to cord end loops. Add a jump ring to one remaining end of chain and a lobster clasp to the other to complete your necklace.