Today’s necklace uses leaf charms in a different sort of way, strung onto beading wire, along with some metal cubes and green serpentine beads.
After I finished I thought of several variations you could make. How about making a cluster of leaves at the center, hanging each one on a different length of chain? Or you could have each leaf on a bit of chain, perhaps graduating in length from the center out. How about using all different charms, like the ones for a charm bracelet? Oh, the possibilities. 🙂
Since the serpentine beads are heavy, we use two crimps on each end for added security.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Leafy Green Serpentine Necklace Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 10 12mm round serpentine beads
- 9 10mm x 15mm leaf charms
- 18 3mm metal cube beads
- 3 inches 3mm metal cube beads
- 3 inches 4mm clear glass beads
- 18 inches bead stringing wire
- 4 crimp beads
- 4 crimp covers
- 2 wire protectors
- 6 inch piece of chain
- 8 inch piece of chain
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- crimping pliers
- Bead Stopper
- Onto bead stringing wire slide two crimps, then slide wire into one end of wire protector and out the other. Slide the wire end back through the crimps and bring one crimp to within 1/8-inch of wire protector. Flatten crimp and squeeze ends of wire protector together. Leave enough room for crimp covers and flatten second crimp next to first. Cover crimps with a crimp covers by picking up with crimping pliers, sliding over flattened crimps and gently squeezing pliers. Use crimping pliers to shape covers into a round bead shape if necessary.
- Onto stringing wire slide 3 inches of alternating 3mm cube beads and 4mm glass beads.
- Onto stringing wire slide a pattern of one 12mm serpentine bead, a 3mm cube bead, leaf charm and another 3mm cube. Repeat until you have 9 leaf charms. Finish with one more 12mm serpentine bead.
- Repeat step 2, then repeat step 1 to finish beaded section of necklace.
- Attach 6-inch piece of chain to one wire protector. Attach clasp to other end of this chain.
- Attach 8-inch piece of chain to other wire protector.