Although this mosaic turquoise donut looks great all by itself it’s accented by all the dangles on top. The rustic cord just adds to the Southwestern vibe.
Even though you have to wire wrap 2 dozen dangles, this project goes fairly quickly because you can wrap them all independently and not have to hold them on to something.
I think this necklace is great for wearing in the summertime, something about turquoise and summer go together in my opinion.
You can find Mosaic Turquoise in different colors and sizes over at Fire Mountain Gems.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Donut and Dangles Necklace Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 45 mm mosaic turquoise donut pendant
- 24 beads of your choice
- 24 head pins
- six accent beads with large holes
- 3 yards cord
- jump ring
- small length of chain
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Hold both pieces of cord together treating as one. Fold in half and poke loop at center through hole in donut. Bring all four cords back through the loop and pull to tighten.
- Make wire wrapped loops with head pins and beads, making sure loops are large enough to fit over four strands of cord.
- Slide all wire wrapped dangles over all four strands of cord, shaking down to make them all nest together above the donut. Tie four cords in an overhand knot above dangles to hold in place.
- Add knots and and accent beads to cord as desired. Add jump ring to clasp and tie on one end of cords. Tie short length of chain to other end of cords, knotting and trimming cord ends to finish.