I have always loved tiger eye gemstones. Something about their sparkly, swirly depths is fascinating, and being a cat fan I’ve always kind of been intrigued by the name, too.
These tiger eye dagger beads are quite dramatic all by themselves and it didn’t seem like I needed to get very complicated when designing with them. Just a few sparkly crystals and some antique white pearls seem to set them off perfectly.
The drama is increased here simply by using three nearly identical strands. But like I said in the video, if you want to keep it simple, just make one.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Tigers & Pearls Necklace Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 18 inches of tiger eye dagger beads
- 39 inches of pearls
- a few 4 mm crystal cube beads
- six wire protectors
- six crimps
- six crimp covers
- two bead cones
- two eye pins
- two 2 to 3 inch lengths of chain
- lobster clasp
- 3 26-inch lengths of bead stringing wire
- Onto each piece of bead stringing wire string 6 1/2 inches of pearls, 6 inches of tiger eye dagger beads and another 6 1/2 inches of pearls. Intersperse crystal beads with tiger eye beads as desired.
- Finish all six ends by siding on a crimp and a wire protector, sliding the wire back through the crimp. flattening with crimping pliers and covering with a crimp cover.
- Slide one end of each strand onto an eye pin, then slide eye pin through a bead cone.
- Create wrapped loop with remaining eye pin wire attaching loop to one end of a length of chain. Repeat to finish other end of necklace attaching lobster clasp to one end of chain.