Tassels are very popular now and they are being made out of everything: chain, leather, silk, cotton & other cords, so why not make them out of strands of crystal beads?
The colors of the beads and the style of the bead cones I used give these earrings an exotic feel, but your choices will make your earrings your own unique creation.
I used 4mm Blue Zircon Bicone Swarovski Crystal Beads for the stripe along the bottoms. For the rest of the beads I used a mix called Sonoran which includes the colors:
You could use all metal beads, gemstones or seed beads. You could make the tassels all one or just two colors, or make the strands longer or shorter.
Have fun coming up with your own designs!
Enjoy the video and happy creating.
You can watch the Crystal Tassel Earrings Video Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 122 4mm Swarovski crystal bicone beads
- 2 bead cones
- 2 ear wires
- 2 eye pins
- 2 4mm round beads
- 2 3mm round beads
- 24 crimps
- bead stringing wire
- One Step Crimper
- wire cutters
- chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- Slide a crimp onto bead stringing wire and crimp near the end of the wire with the One Step Crimper. Trim any excess wire. Slide on 10 beads and another crimp. Slide the wire back through the crimp to make a 1/8-inch loop. Flatten the crimp with the One Step Crimper and trim excess wire.
- Repeat step 1 to make 12 beaded units.
- Slide the top loops of 6 beaded units onto an eye pin and close securely. Use chain nose pliers to bend eye of the eye pin at a 90 degree angle to the wire. Slide eye pin into a bead cone and adde a 4mm round bead, a 4mm bicone crystal and a 3mm round bead. Use round nose pliers and wire cutters to make a loop with remaining eye pin wire.
- Open loop of ear wire and attach to this loop.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 to make second earring.