If you’ve done any beading or bead weaving, you know that tiny little seed beads can be difficult to corral. Sometime they seem to have a mind of their own.
And the more beads you have in a project, the more important it is to keep them organized and in control.
I was inspired to create this DIY bead sorting mat by a recent purchase of a seed bead loom weaving pattern that uses twenty-five different colors of beads.
In this video I give lots of options for how you can customize your own beading mat.
- Make the openings any size or shape you like
- Leave as much space around them as you want
- Use a variety of tools (depending on what you have) to make the cut outs
- Swap in several different types of adhesives
- Easily label each section however suits your needs
You’ll be surprised at how quickly these work up. I made three in under an hour.
Tools and Materials:
- Velour bead mats
- Fine Sharpie marker
- 12″ quilting ruler
- 1 1/2″ square acrylic template (can also be cardboard, foam core, etc.)
- Flocked bead board trays
- Rotary cutter
- Rotary cutting mat
- Big Shot die cutting machine
- Spellbinders die set, Standard circles, large
- 1/4″ double sized adhesive
- Spray adhesive
- P-Touch labeler
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the DIY Bead Sorting Mat/Organizer Board-Friday Findings video at YouTube.