Without checking, take a guess as to how many photos you have on your phone right now.
Now take a peek. Were you close?
Out of all those photos, how many do you enjoy looking at regularly?
I don’t take that many personal photos (most of my photography these days is of my creations) and I’ve got 328! I’ll bet many folks have thousands.
Today’s resin project involves getting a handful of special pictures out of our phones and into a piece of memory jewelry.
Tools & Materials:
- Filmstrip ribbon
- Chunky bangle mold #414
- Bangle bracelet mold #390
- 14-28 photos printed at 3/8″ x 5/8″ (10x16mm)
- Glue stick
- Packing tape
- Mold release, recommended, but I forgot to use it
- Craft knife
- Resin Obsession Super Clear Epoxy Resin
- Waxed paper
- Cups for mixing resin
- Resin mixing stick
- 400-2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper
- Flitz metal & plastic polish
- Clear acrylic sealer, optional
Many thanks to the folks at Resin Obsession for sending along the resin and the bangle molds for me to try.
Here is some helpful info from the Resin Obsession website:
- Common Resin Casting Terms
- How to Care for plastic resin molds
- Plastic resin molds and silicone resin molds — what’s the difference?
Watch the Picture Perfect Resin Bangle Bracelets-Jewelry Tutorial video at YouTube.