Today’s project is for these amazingly dangly earrings.
Even if this style doesn’t appeal to you, keep in mind this project appears deceptively simple, but the beauty of it is in the multitude of possible variations.
Sure these are a great earring design, but how about scaling up to make gorgeous pendants filled with beads and movement? Or slide your pattern onto a pin for a fun, dangly brooch.
Create chevrons, diamonds, stripes…. Your only limit is your imagination!
Here are a few more ideas for variations:
- Form a large metal ring or shape with heavier gauge wire, and use larger beads to create a pendant.
- Once you’ve made one sample of the pattern, make your own variations, creating chevrons, diamonds or whatever shapes you can think of with different colors, shapes and sizes of beads.
- Have dangles going straight across a kilt pin or brooch pin for a fun accessory.
This is one of those projects that looks even better worn than in the beauty shot. (Btw, the above is NOT the beauty shot, lol.)
I love, love, LOVE all that dangle!
Tools and Materials:
- 11/0 seed beads (the red, blue & yellow ones are size 14/0)
- head pins
- 1 1/8″ diameter earring hoops or wine glass charm hoops
- crimp tubes or crimp beads
- ear wires
- One Step Looper or
- Wire cutters and round nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- variation: 3mm Czech Fire Polish beads, the color I used, Satin Taupe
- beading mat
- bead board or tray
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
Watch the Gypsy Chic Dangle Earrings-Beaded Jewelry Tutorial video at YouTube.