This necklace is all about the beads and the ombre shading from dark to light. Once you’ve chosen all your beads the little silver spacers tie everything together and the stringing is simple.
As usual I chose to make mine adjustable. In the video I show you a trick for using fine chain, rather than the chunky I usually use, and still have a necklace that’s adjustable in length.
Enjoy the video and happy creating!
You can watch the Ombre Blend Necklace Tutorial over at YouTube.
- 10-12 dark blue beads
- 10-12 medium dark blue beads
- 10-12 medium blue beads
- 10-12 medium light blue beads
- 10-12 light blue beads
- 3mm silver spacer beads
- bead stringing wire
- 2 crimps
- 2 crimp covers
- 2 wire protectors
- silver plated chain, fine gauge
- 4mm jump rings
- lobster clasp
- chain nose pliers
- crimping pliers
- wire cutters
- Cut the fine gauge chain into 1 inch pieces. Reconnect the pieces with 4mm jump rings to make chains the length you need.
- Onto bead stringing wire slide a crimp, then slide wire into one end of wire protector and out the other. Add one end of your piece of chain to the wire protector. Slide the wire end back through the crimp and bring crimp to within 1/8-inch of wire protector. Flatten crimp and squeeze ends of wire protector together. Trim shorter piece of wire close to crimp. Cover crimp with a crimp cover by picking up with crimping pliers, sliding over flattened crimp and gently squeezing pliers. Use crimping pliers to shape cover into a round bead shape if necessary.
- Slide a spacer bead onto your wire. Add all your lightest color beads, each separated by a spacer bead. Continue to add beads from lightest to darkest, each separated by a spacer bead. End with a spacer bead.
- Repeat step 2 to finish end, adding a lobster clasp to end of one of piece of chain.