This super quick and easy bracelet of wooden beads has a great, earthy vibe. Using leather cord to string the beads means you don’t even need any jewelry making tools!
I love the lightweight feel of these wooden beads; you hardly notice it on your wrist. Sometimes in the summer, a bunch of heavy glass beads can be quite uncomfortable.
If you’ve never made your own jewelry before, this is a great project to start with. Find just three focal beads and six accent beads that you love and have fun creating!
- three 1-inch wooden beads
- six 3/8-inch wooden beads
- 15 inches 1mm leather cord
- one lobster clasp
- 1½ inches chain
- Trim ends of leather cord at an angle. Slide on one 3/8-inch bead, one 1-inch bead, and another 3/8-inch bead. Make knots in cord at either side of 3/8-inch beads.
- Make another knot in cord ½ inch away from previous knot. Slide on one 3/8-inch bead, one 1-inch bead, and another 3/8-inch bead. Make another knot in cord after second 3/8-inch bead. Repeat to use final three beads.
- Tie lobster clasp to one side and chain to other side of remaining cord. Make several knots along cord if desired. Trim ends at an angle.